Founded back in 1997, Navy SEAL Squadron Commander Randy Hetrick discovered Suspension Training through combining a parachute webbing and a jiu-jitsu belt. To this day, the military still use Suspension Training to maintain the fitness levels required to do what they do day in, day out. Thanks to the constant innovation of the TRX® team, the original Suspension Trainer has come on leaps and bounds since then.
Suspension Training uses straps that act as a form of resistance against the user’s bodyweight. The training revolves around seven basic compound movements: push, pull, plank, rotate, hinge, lunge and squat. These movements can, in turn, be developed into a multitude of workout options.
With Suspension Training, the biggest advantage is that it can go on the road with you to be used anywhere – a ‘gym in a bag’. This allows the user to achieve all the results of a full gym with just one set of straps.
As versatile exercise kit goes, it doesn’t get better than the Suspension Trainer - providing users with a full-body workout which increases strength, builds the core, burns calories, increases flexibility, and improves endurance. TRX straps can also help to mitigate the risk of injury as they are kind on the joints and users work on mobility and flexibility, as well as strength.
This exercise method is for people of all levels of fitness. It gives users complete control of their workouts, determining the difficulty of each exercise by adjusting the length of the straps or by altering the distance between the user and the anchor point. It is TRX’s mission to educate people from all fitness backgrounds, whether that is beginners or seasoned fitness professionals. As a business, TRX aims to empower and enhance its community and play a part in transforming people’s overall wellbeing.
Suspension Training is perfect for anyone trying to achieve their fitness goals, but it is particularly good for those with busy schedules. You can get a full workout from the comfort of your living room, allowing you to cut out the commute to the gym. It is also great for those who wish to keep an active lifestyle in tandem with frequent travelling. The ability to hitch up your TRX on almost any door or
attached to any vertical or horizontal anchor point overhead gives you the freedom to achieve your goals wherever you are!
If you’re a beginner and not sure how to get best use out of your TRX kit, there is the perfect solution – the TRX Training Club®.
TRX Training Club®
TRX this year launched its most comprehensive fitness solution to date, the TRX Training Club. The digital platform provides users with a dynamic, multi-faceted training experience with unlimited on-demand workouts and live classes, access to TRX personal trainers, and exclusive member discounts on TRX products. All that members need is a TRX Suspension Trainer and a TRX Training Club membership and they will immediately be able to experience the wide-ranging training benefits of TRX anywhere, anytime.
Core features include:
• TRX On-Demand Workouts: Users can work out in their own way, on their
schedule. Content includes an ever-growing library of workouts across categories of strength, sweat, start, recovery and body part specific sessions, from short workouts to longer sessions.
• TRX LIVE Classes: Live group classes offered every day across different training categories will provide participants the energy of a group fitness class with expert TRX instructors who bring their own signature and motivating style to each and every class. Users can now enjoy these workouts on their own time and ‘REPLAY’ as desired!
• Virtual Personal Training: Access world-class TRX trainers through a private booking system for one-on-one, two-way interactive training sessions specifically matched to individual users needs and interests.
• Exclusive TRX Training Club Member Benefits: Special members-only gear discounts, early access to new product launches, unique education opportunities and much more.
TRX Training Club On-Demand workouts and TRX LIVE classes are offered across different categories to meet any fitness need:
• STRONG: Boost muscle and endurance with a blend of strength and plyo moves that will
build lean muscle the quickest way possible getting consumers ready for their next
• SWEAT: Get ready to sweat. These circuit-style workouts build overall speed and power allowing consumers to make their next cardio session even stronger than the last.
• START: The ultimate starting point to any fitness journey. Create a foundation of strength and stability through safe, efficient, and effective ways that build the body at a challenging but approachable level.
• RECOVER: Level up the versatility game with TRX’s Recover sessions. Improve mobility, regulate the nervous system, and regenerate the body faster to elevate performance in TRX LIVE and beyond.
The TRX Training Club trainers form an expert team of domestic and international trainers with decades of professional experience to guide and elevate users to be their best and strongest self. Niko Algieri, TRX Director of Trainer Branding, leads the UK-based trainer team from the TRX Live Studio in London. With programs to meet every fitness goal, level, and schedule, the TRX Training Club is truly a game-changer for those who want to take their fitness to the next level - anywhere,
To find out more about the TRX Training Club®, visit here